Friday, June 3, 2011

The Anthology Most Likely to Succeed


The Lady Most Likely
By Julia Quinn, Eloisa James and Connie Brockway

I love Julia Quinn, so I picked this one up. The book takes place at a house party in the country. The book is written by three authors who each take a couple and write their story. In the end, we have three engagements and one very happy matchmaking hostess. Although there were three authors, the parts were seamless in their transition and it felt like a novel rather than a collection of stories. The characters were engaging and the authors kept their personalities true throughout the book. I highly recommend it for a great summer read.

~Michele

I second this! I love the interlocking plot elements, and though each author has a distinct voice the book does flow very nicely. I had never read Connie Brockway before but will be sure to pick up her books now. Anthologies are a great way to try new authors, and this is a great introduction. Whether the authors are new to you or you are already a fan, this is well worth checking out.

~Macaire

No comments: