Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Free Love!!

While traveling over the long weekend, I got reacquainted with my Kindle
and all it's various features. I hadn't really noodled around with it in awhile, since when at home I usually read actual printed books from the library. I was sitting in the Orlando airport on a layover, trying to avoid sugared up children in mouse ears, and thinking how nice it was not to be hauling around a tote bag filled with 20 paperbacks. I was deciding whether or not to buy another book to download, and feeling guilty about paying for things I could get for free when I got back to work, when I remembered -- the Kindle FREE Bestseller list!! That's right, Gentle Reader, there is always a certain amount of free content available in the Kindle Store. It ranges from classics to current mid-list author releases, with some puzzles and games occassionally thrown in just for fun. You can usually find a decent number of romance titles if you are willing to spend some time looking through the list. This is a great way to try some new authors for free, thus avoiding that "I could get this at the library instead of spending my hard earned cash on it" feeling...

No comments: