Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Currently Reading...

Passion Becomes Her
by Shirlee Busbee

Now that I am back at home, I am once again digging into my pile of actual printed-on-paper books. The latest historical romance in the bedside reading pile is Passion Becomes Her by Shirlee Busbee. Our hero, aristocratic Asher Cordell, has been supporting his family by robbing the rich. If his well-heeled victims are not so very nice, all the better. In fact, Asher is on the verge of retirement from his life of crime when a neighbor does something so dastardly Asher decides the only fitting punishment is to steal the loathsome man's most valuable family possession. (Truly -- the bad guy is really bad. I actually cried when I read what he'd done!) In the midst of his well-planned heist, Asher is interrupted by the stealthy entrance of his childhood friend Lady Juliana Greeley, who has planned a discreet theft of her own. Her sister is being blackmailed, and Juliana is determined to steal the letters our nasty villain is using against her. Asher and Lady Juliana decide to join forces, adventure ensues, and sparks fly.

Though I have not yet finished the book, I can already recommend it to those of you who enjoy historical romance with deeply drawn and likeable characters and quite a bit of adventure. This is the first book of Busbee's that I have read, but I wouldn't hesitate to pick up another.

No comments: