Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Of Books and Blogs

After announcing the arrival of Beyond Heaving Bosoms in a previous post, I realized that I had never previously mentioned or posted links to the blogs I read regularly. Since romance novels never get a lot of ink in the standard “collection development” tools like Library Journal, I have to use other sources for reviews and announcements. Fortunately, there are a lot of readers and librarians who have been at this a lot longer than I have, and whose knowledge has been invaluable to me since I was appointed Romance Maven and General Paperback Goddess shortly after arriving here in Voorheesville. Two blogs that I like to read regularly are Smart Bitches, Trashy Books and The Misadventures of…Super Librarian. SBTB is brought to you by Candy and Sarah, the women behind Beyond Heaving Bosoms, both avid readers who claim to have real lives beyond their blog. They may, but it’s hard to imagine given how much ground they cover on a regular basis in the blog. Super Librarian is authored by Wendy, who is a real life collection development librarian in Orange County, California. Wendy has two things I envy even more than the large readership of her blog – a job dealing with adult fiction all day, and the chance to do it in a climate much, much nicer than Albany. All that aside, if you are looking for reviews and recommendations, try either or both of these blogs.

No comments: