Friday, April 10, 2009

The Tudors -- with Vampires


Ok, somehow this reminds me of the old "Two great tastes that taste great together" ad that ran through my childhood. I believe it was for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, still a favorite. Anyway, I suppose it was inevitable. With the success of Philippa Gregory's series of books about Henry VIII and his many wives and various progeny, and the equal success of HBO's "The Tudors" it's hard to find a time period hotter than 16th century England. Now add to this the phenomenally popular literary subgenre "paranormal romance" which seems to have become "all vampires all the time" and it becomes a no-brainer. Yep, that's right -- the Tudor vampire love story. There may be more than one, but right now my eyes are on Rona Sharon's Royal Blood. Not only does it look like a good story, it is has some pretty nifty marketing going for it. Check out the video here. In spite of the fact that I am really much more of an Imperial Rome/Shapeshifter sort of girl, I am going grab Royal Blood the minute it arrives...

No comments: