Monday, November 24, 2008

Sexiest Men?


So People Magazine’s Annual Special Double Issue -- featuring this year’s Sexiest Man Alive! – arrived at the library last Friday. In need of a little lunchtime reading, I snagged a copy. This year’s winner is Hugh Jackman. No argument here; I’ve always been a fan. I began paging through it and found many of my old favorites: Pitt, Clooney, Depp, Damon, and so on. A little additional reading brought me to a photo spread called “Sexy at Every Age.” It featured guys by decade: those in their 20’s, 30’s, 40’s, and 50’s. I perused the list. I have to admit that 90% of the men in their 40’s and 50’s totally worked for me. When I got to the men in their 30’s the percent that I found appealing dropped in half. The ones in their 20’s? I took one look and said to myself “Who are these kids?!?” Though I am not old enough to be considered a Boomer, I am not young enough to appreciate these fresh faced boys. Fortunately, having a group of “pin up boys” that includes Liam Neeson, Daniel Craig and Pierce Brosnan is no great hardship....

No comments: